Number Plates Made in Store While You Wait




What Documents Do I Need? 

On 1st of December 2005 the DVLA changed the documentation required to buy a Number Plate. The following now applies - In order to obtain a Number Plate you will have to provide verification of your current personal details and proof of entitlement to the registration mark quoted.

At least one original document from each of the lists below is required. The combination of the documents must be sufficient to check your name, address and the entitlement.

Proof of Identity:

    A driving licence whether or not issued in the United Kingdom (with or without a photograph). This is preferred             because it is a secure, government-issued document showing both name and address.
    A current bill issued by an electricity, gas or water supplier, a landline telephone bill or a council tax bill.
    A bank or building society statement.
    A passport (whether issued or not in the United Kingdom).
    A national identity card issued by the Government of a state or territory other than the United Kingdom.
    A debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society (the requirement for a photograph no longer applies).
    A police warrant card.
    An armed forces identity card.

Proof of Entitlement:

    The preferred document is a Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C).
    The tear - off slip (V5C/2) from V5C (Section 10).
    Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750).
    Cherished transfer retention document (V778).
    Vehicle licence renewal form (VI 1).
    Temporary registration Certificate (V379).
    Authorisation Certificate (V948) with official DVLA stamp.
    A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document     reference number from the V5C. Quoting the vehicle identification number is no longer acceptable.